Recently changed fuel filter on bobcat and now I’m having a fuel problem. I installed the filter bleeded the air out from the top of filter and pumped the primer and it ran good for about 4 hours and then it completely shut off while I was using it. First i tried priming it and had no luck, primer wasn’t getting hard. Disconnected the fuel inline from the filter and tried pumping the primer but no fuel would come out, so I’m having a problem getting fuel to flow out of the tank into the fuel filter. Where should I start?
Sounds like its plugged. You could try blowing back through the line towards the tank. If it clears then you might have to address tank. Look for a drain on bottom and see what comes out.
Maybe an air leak. Double gasket, over or under torqued the filter, wrong filter, contaminated fuel, coincidence totally unrelated to the filter, bad luck, bad juju, the notorious Bobcat fuel tank pickup tube issue, broken dreams, broken promises, weak transfer pump, worn out fuel injection pump, cold weather fuel waxing, or maybe it was used to much when the machine was new.
When I pump primer the filter fills up with air so maybe a crack in the line and it’s sucking air in?
A crack in the primer bulb, perhaps. Any external fuel leaks? Confirm the fuel level? Try running the machine from a bucket with new fuel lines. Eliminate the tank from the equation and report back.
Then read Willie59’s epic tale of Bobcat fuel tank wisdom. HeavyEquipmentForums
I’ll check it out thanks for the ideas
Them primer bulbs have a check in them and do go bad occasionally... easiest way to tell is take the primer bulb out and stick the inlet side in a bucket of diesel and just see if you can pump fuel with it.