Hello. I have a 8875 or LX885. Attached are pics. I went to fix a leak at the Hydro pump and found a very bad thing!!! Question is ,,, water or air??? If water, I have no clue as to where it is coming from!!! The leak I thought. was the hydro line or the fitting? Both seemed ok. Tight and clean. If air, would it be the seal from the hydro pump?? When I removed it. There at the seal and shaft was so much contamination... Or, the seal at the front of the Hydrostatic pump?? Either way, Iam seeking everyons thoughts as to what it is ( water or air ) and to where it would be coming from. This is my only leak, and the Hydrostatic pumps and Hydro pumps were replaced a few years ago. Thank you for reading my post and have a wonderful day!!!
Looks like water has infiltrated your hydraulic system.
Water. No better than the hydraulic cap is on those machines it’s not hard to see how it would get a dose of water. Rain, washing or sabotage.
Thank you Senior's for your input. I will make a cover for this hydro cap and see if the problem is corrected.
You'll need to do a good job of draining all the water-contaminated oil from the cylinders, valves, pumps, & lines before refilling otherwise the new oil could easily be contaminated by what remains of the old hydraulic oil. After doing that you'll need to be very careful how you put the machine back into operation with the hydraulic system having been completely drained of oil.
They have a pretty simple setup, you could leave the hydraulic pump off the one hydrostat and gravity purge a good bit of it. All the lines are in the belly. It would be messy but you could do a fairly thorough job of removing the contaminated oil. Another thought. Give the tank a good inspection. They’re plastic and some like to split at the seam.
Thank you for the information. I did what I could by draining the system and replaced with a new filter. I will most likely do this process again in the near future for good measure and be sure it's corrected....
Thank you for this information. I will be using your method when flushing it out in the near future. Also, that is a very good point about the tank and I will be looking at it carefully...