Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tachometer cable case 580B

giga · 2020-12-02 09:50

Guys, I am new to the forum and need a little help. I have a 1974 Case 580B and need a tachometer cable. Does anyone know where I can purchase one or is there a crossover cable from a vehicle that works? Thank you,

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-12-02 09:58

    Welcome to HEF,giga ! The last time I bought one was at the local CNH dealer. Call Dale Wiess at ---> http://e-backhoeparts.com/

  2. #2Birdseye2020-12-02 10:44

    On my 580se the tachometer wasn’t working. The cable was fine but the little gearbox was frozen up with dust and stiff old grease. With some heat, PBBlaster, small screwdrivers , I eventually worked it loose. I flushed it several times with fresh oil and finished by pressing in a little grease. It works fine now.

  3. #3giga2020-12-02 10:59

    My case had a broken Tachometer, the previous owner just sealed the entire gauge over with plastic of some sort. So I replaced the tach and now need a cable. The wire/cable is broken in the middle. When I turn one each the other doesn't move at all.

  4. #4mitch5042020-12-02 11:04

    If the cable that turns is broken, you can buy a universal speedometer cable from a parts store and cut it to length and crimp the end on. If you need the cable housing: http://e-backhoeparts.com/