Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

tag trailer wheels

DK_stihl ยท 2010-11-14 21:06

Have any of you ever seen a set of wheels like this on a tag trailer? I spotted these when I was in a rail yard.

Replies5
  1. #1Monte12552010-11-14 23:01

    are they solid rubber tires or pneumatic? just wondering.....

  2. #2DK_stihl2010-11-17 19:11

    I don't know, pneumatic if I had to guess.

  3. #3ke6gwf2011-01-02 02:30

    They look like forklift tires to me, and I would guess they were having problems with the trailer dragging or hanging up on humps (maybe railroad crossings), and they work like the wheels on motorhome bumpers.

  4. #4Water Doc2011-01-02 20:47

    That could be it. Maybe they have to go up a steep incline on a regular basis? I know 1 shop i worked at hat a bit of a hill to get into the bays. Motorhomes would always drag their tail going up, and there was quite a collection of scratches from trailer hitch balls.

  5. #5motrack2011-01-02 22:00

    Looks to me if that trailer was loaded to capicity and you ran those wheels over a hump the tail would be damaged.