Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tak tl140 bucket level

jimpad ยท 2015-01-27 19:17

Is the bucket leveling function only supposed to work in the raising motion or both raising and lowering?

Replies4
  1. #1dirtmonkey2015-01-27 19:25

    Lifting / raising only. Unless they've changed lately ?

  2. #2jimpad2015-01-27 19:44

    Thanks. Am I missing something or is that kind of half assed... I like not having to feather the bucket while raising but I have to do it on the downstroke? Doesn't really lend itself to handling a hay bale and I'm not sure I'd like it for digging.

  3. #3jimpad2015-01-27 19:51

    Also, and maybe related. When I'm lowering and the bucket is fully curled up, the lowering is very slow and I can tell I'm up against a relief, if I uncurl the bucket a bit and continue lowering the normal speed is back. Is this normal or does it indicate a problem with the leveling valve?

  4. #4dirtmonkey2015-01-28 07:21

    Normal if I remember correctly. I use the float button to lower the boom.