I am looking for a used track loader and trying to keep it in the mid/upper $20k with 3k or less hrs. My experience is with old tractors and back hoes so unfamiliar with skid/track steer loaders. I see more bobcats in this range than anything else but have a chance to look at a2016 Tak tl8 with 3k hrs on it. There is also a 2019 bobcat t450 with about 2100 hrs. Price is similar . It is going to be used on a grass runway airpark community and not heavily used like a construction unit would be. I am leaning toward the bobcat due to lower hrs and newer, but have heard the tak is maybe a better unit. Either should handle my needs, looking for the most reliable and less troublesome unit. I try to work on my own equipment and can handle most things usually. Any advise would be welcome. It looks like most places are dumping them at the 5 yr or 3k hr mark. Is that a warranty issue thing? or more of a stuff goes wrong thing at 3k hrs. Thanks Mark
Keep in mind the Bobcat is somewhat less machine. I'd lean towards theTak.
I bought my TL8 less than a year ago. It is a 2018. Found it for a deal with less than 1500hrs. I had used a TL12 as a rental a few years back and was impressed with how much better of a machine it was than the CAT 289D3 machines I had at work. I do not have much experience with Bobcats however.
Depending on condition I would choose the Tak over a Bobcat every time.