I picked up a 2018 Takeuchi TB260 and I need to add a case drain to it. As I understand it, all the hydraulic fittings are BSPP. Here's where the OEM case drain kit connects to the tank: Right now my hydraulic tank has a male plug in that hole. So I'm thinking that's a 1/2" male BSPP plug. Would the easiest path be for me to get a 1/2" male BSPP to a JIC 8F or something like that, and then get JIC fittings and hose ends for the rest of the run out to the bucket? Something like this: Or perhaps just keep it all BSPP, seems that discount hydraulics has all the fittings: British Standard Pipe (BSP): DiscountHydraulicHose.com British Parallel Pipe (BSP) adapters can be found on imported equipment, and we carry a large stock of fittings to mate with your hydraulic tools. BSP will mate with Parallel or Taper threads. www.discounthydraulichose.com Curious if anyone else has been down this road and what path you took.
I've bought bspp adapters from hosewarehouse.com, quite a bit cheaper. I'd definitely run JIC as much as possible if you don't have a way to make your own hoses. Buying off the shelf JIC hoses from surplus center is sooooo much cheaper than having custom hoses made. I have a Parker Cross hose store near me, it was $88 for a 4' hose with 1/4 bspp female swivel ends. Surplus center JIC equivalent... $15.
Thanks for the suggestions! After taking a closer look, it appears that the case return fitting in the hydraulic tank is 3/8" and not 1/2". I measured the distance from the the tank to where the other AUX lines are on the dipper stick, following the same path as all the other hoses, and it comes to 278". Looking at surplus center, it goes from 240" to 300", so I guess I'll go with 300" with JIC 6F swivel fittings on both ends and have a local hydraulic shop cut out 22" and put on a new fitting on one end. So possibly I would need one of these: I'm guessing I would want an O-ring on the BSPP side going against the tank. So maybe the 2nd one in the top row? Then for the 90, I was thinking one of these: Its too bad they don't carry one where the female end is longer as I need to extend it out where the hose goes as to not interfere with the other hoses. I only see this on house warehouse, which don't really look like what I want: I don't need it to be a swivel, just a straight barrel female to male JIC 6. But I don't see anything like that. Something like this with JIC's on both end: Will keep researching.
Yeah if you need that extra inch or so, perhaps just plumb in two jic reducer/expanders. Jic-6M coming off the 90 -> jic-6F to jic-8M -> jic-8F to jic-6M. Midland 2406 is the part number series for those adapters, so 2406-6-8 and 2406-8-6.
Great idea! Ordered up what I hope will be the correct parts. If nothing else, I'll have some spare fittings for down the road. I need to come out at least 2": Thanks