Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

takeuchi mini final drive rebuild

mhitsman ยท 2008-07-04 17:08

i just bought a tb015 for a very low price motor is excellent with 2500 hrs it does need some tlc which im getting too but the big things is the left hub on the final drive is gone it appears the bearings trashed and some one kept operating it but know i need one the dealer want 2800 for it its just a yard machine and wanted to know if any one has a used one or one with bad motor that they would like to sell or is there a place out there that would rebuild it for less money thanks mark

Replies3
  1. #1wbardo2008-07-05 08:37

    I had the same problem with my Kubota kx121-2. Bought it with 2100 hrs for a good price and within 200 hrs one of the final drives bound up. I took it all apart to see if there was any way to rebuild. I think that every single part in the final drive was worn past reusable or just shattered into a million pieces. With the amount of damage caused by all the little pieces I wouldn't want to reuse or rebuild any part of the drive. I called a ton of places about used parts and didn't find anything. I found one dealer selling parts off a machine that fell off a truck, but the drives were gone already. After seeing how the drive disintegrated I don't know if I would trust a part that had the impact load of falling off a truck. I probably wouldn't feel very confidant of any used parts either. For new parts, about the only option I had was the dealer, and he quoted me a price of $3100 for the complete assembly. That was way more than I could or wanted to pay at the time, so I thought I was going to be using a shovel for a while. A friend told me to contact a different dealer down in PA. I called them and they quoted me a price of $1800. I checked the part numbers and it was the same as the first dealer. I have no idea why one Kubota dealer would charge that much more than another Kubota dealer, but it does pay to shop around. I won't even buy bolts and nuts from the local dealer anymore. The other thing to watch for is after another 100 to 150 hrs the final drive on the other side of my machine decided to explode as well. I guess they had the same amount of abuse in their previous life. Good luck with the machine. Wade

  2. #2Tri-Star2008-07-05 09:18

    mhitsman There is a place here in East TN called B&B Hydraulics, www.callbb.com They did the motors on my T300, some really good people. The only thing I would be worried about is how bad the hyd system is contaminated!!! You might want to do some oil samples before you sink to more $ into it.

  3. #3mhitsman2008-07-05 12:42

    rebuild well on fallen off the truck i understand,wade your not far from me the dealer in troy pa give me the quote and beat every one so far by 1000 dollars,the machine was not taken care of probaly never check oil in drive is my idea,and the hydraulic system is all being drained,everything i can find with connection and plug i will do this several times while savin for the final i might have plenty of time thanks i somtimes wish i kept my homemade portable, that thing was the machine