Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB016 Pivot Swivel Valve Removal

MikeyEl · 2020-05-20 01:45

Hello My machine has a slow track motor which after a bit of diagnosis appears could be a problem with the pivot/swivel valve. I have consulted the maintenance manual and it states you have to remove the Upper Frame to be able to remove the valve assembly. This is a major strip down job that I want to avoid. Has anyone removed the assembly without removing the upper frame? Any hints or tips appreciated. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1uffex2020-05-20 09:07

    Good day Mikey From what we can establish the central joint is well buried what appears to be a long route can often prove to be the only way. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2MikeyEl2020-05-28 09:19

    Hello I have done further testing on my machine and have actually managed to eliminate the swivel joint as being the problem. The machine has 4 pump outlets and looks like it may have two pumps running in tandem, powering different tools. I have swapped P1 & P2 pump feeds that drive the travel motors around and the fault has transferred from the left travel to the right travel. I have checked the pressures of each pump and readings are as follows: Specification at Main Relief Valves - 2843psi P1 - 2600psi P2 - 2700psi I did try to adjust the main relief valve for P2 (the only one easily accessible) to increase the pressure, but there was barely 50psi change. Though the pressures are low, when swapping pumps the travel on the left motor is as good as normal, with the right then frankly being crap. Could there perhaps be a flow problem with the pump? I cannot easily measure this as I do not have a meter available. Any recommendations for a company to service/repair the pump located in Europe or UK? I am in Portugal and tried here but so far no luck.

  3. #3uffex2020-05-28 13:18

    Good Day Mikey I believe we are talking gear wheel pumps if I am correct you can measure flow with the pressure gauge > check the pressure at full revs > check the pressure at idle > should there be a great difference it is either leakage or worn pump. You do not mention how many hours the pump has but that may also give a clue as to the issue. Look at the data plate on the pump it may reveal the make and alternative suppliers. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4MikeyEl2020-05-30 06:31

    Uffex Thank you for your prompt responses and support. It is very much appreciated. I have just checked the pressures for P1 & P2. The following are the results. P1 Idle - 1100psi Full Throttle - 2600psi P2 Idle - 2800PSI Full Throttle - 2850psi I had to adjust the relief valve associated with P2 as it was off scale (I had initially adjusted this up when P1 was connected to the port driving the "bad travel motor" I have checked for leaks and nothing. The machine has 4000 hrs on it. The pump is a Nachi PVD-00B-15P-5G3-4451A I am now searching for a repair shop but thus far no luck. I have a price of €1260 +VAT from one supplier but looking for an alternative option before commiting. Preferably in Europe or UK. Any suggestions?

  5. #5uffex2020-05-30 09:00

    Good day Mikey For sure you have an issue with P1 - 4000 hrs is a fair bet it is the pump but without a hydraulic schematic its not so easy to suggest further trouble shooting. Nachi is very common on small excavators you can get pattern units from other suppliers be sure your fluid is clean no point to introduce a problem to new parts. KR Uffex

  6. #6MikeyEl2020-08-07 00:28

    Hello KR Uffex Thought I would let you know that I have finally received and installed a new pump. The machine is now working well. What a difference! I drained the hydraulic oil and removed the inlet/outlet filters. The outlet filter was actually damaged, with the filter body coming away from the threaded section. Obviously not doing its job properly and perhaps debris has been introduced to the pump. Have of course fitted new filters and fresh oil. I would just like to say thank you for your help and advice. Its very much appreciated.

  7. #7uffex2020-08-07 03:35

    Thanks Mikey its nice to know you are up and running. Keep smiling Uffex