Got a Takeuchi tb153fr that has some issues with the boom stop. When starting it auto selects M like it should. My problems are that the M and L positions only allow me to put the boom down, I can not pick up the boom in these positions. In the S position the boom moves correctly except for the fact that it is able to hit the cab. It doesn’t stop and a couple of the operators keep running the boom into the cab and bending it up. What do I need to look for, not familiar with Takeuchi or any excavators for that matter.
Hi I'm not overly familiar with the electric circuits in these but will try and find you some info and if I have any luck I will come back to you. Best regards
Under the cover at the rear of the boom are 3 roller switches. One has probably loosened it's own jamb nut.
Post #4 here HeavyEquipmentForums
Not sure what is going on, if it's operator error, or machine problem. I find operating our TB153fr that the arm should always be operating on the far right side of the cab in the S switch position, with the arm retracting on the side of the cab. The machine doesn't work well with retracting the arm close to the cab with the arm in front of the operator, which is closer to what a conventional machine is like. With the arm retracted on the side of the cab, a wide bucket can hit the cab, so you want to watch for that. In the extended out position, I will move the whole boom swinging the pivot side to side to where ever it needs to be. Then when say loading a truck, or doing a tight turn, the pivot is moved all the way to the right side of the machine, and the arm is retracted up on the side of the cab. The arm will not retract all the way back on the side, if the pivot is not completely all the way to the far right side. So use the right foot pedal to pivot to the far right. Then pull the arm back which should go cranked up on the side if in the S mode. This allows one to raise the bucket as high as possible. Someone may have thought the machine was not operating correctly because they would leave the pivot in the middle, then move the arm back which wouldn't go very far. So you either need to fix that, or just tell the guys to always right foot pivot boom to the far right in S, and then the arm can come back. Image shows pivot to far right of operator, and are retracted back on side of cab. I always operate in S. Hope that helps a bit.