Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB235 Auto Idle

Andrew1965 ยท 2022-10-10 04:30

Just bought a new to me TB235 and has been going great for the few days i've been using it. today out of the blue the Auto Idle stopped working. The button on the joystick and the rocker switch have no effect. I seem to recall the rocker switch usually illuminates when it was working. There is no illumination on the rocker now. Im not at all familiar with how this system works. Can anyone help?

Replies3
  1. #1Andrew19652022-10-10 23:30

    It would appear that the cable controlling the throttle from the auto actuator is broken. It pulled right out of the cable sheath. Looks like a job with a few beers needed

  2. #2uffex2022-10-11 04:21

    Good day Andrew Attached maybe helpful, the only wiring schematic I have access to is the 228 I can hack that if it is of help. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3Andrew19652022-10-15 03:52

    Thanks. I've replaced the cable that actuates the automatic idle up. About 1 hour job to remove the complete unit. Broken cable was the problem. Don't know why it defaults to full on when the engine is switched off. Stresses the cable if not correctly adjusted.