Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tb235 decel problems

Matt Fitzsimmons ยท 2019-03-13 22:35

I have a takeuchi tb235 machine that I need some help with. I bought the machine used last year and it had this issue when I bought it. This is a canopy machine, as soon as the key is turned on all of the gauge cluster lights cycle off like they are supposed to except the decel light it stays on. I can turn the decel light off with the switch. The decel and auto decel all works fine except for Everytime the key is turned on the machine is automatically in decel mode which I don't believe is how it's supposed to be. I have replaced several parts pertaining to the decel operation with no luck. Can anyone give me any ideas. Thanks Matt.

Replies10
  1. #1uffex2019-03-14 07:51

    Good day Matt Found this in the archives hope it is of help. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Matt Fitzsimmons2019-03-14 07:54

    Thanks uffex. I have that same info out of the manual thanks though I appreciate your help.

  3. #3uffex2019-03-14 09:09

    Good day Matt Checked out the wiring see attached not so much information on the question you have but we suspect that is how it is designed to work. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Matt Fitzsimmons2019-03-14 14:12

    So you are thinking that Everytime the machine is started it defaults to decel mode? Can anyone else maybe who has one of these machines confirm this?

  5. #5uffex2019-03-14 14:36

    Yes Matt that appears be the case from what i can see you could switch the relay cables that may mean that the lamps works in the opposite way, I do not suppose that this is a result of the relay being replaced for example. KR Uffex

  6. #6uffex2019-03-14 14:41

    Try this fellow he has a similar machine also posting on the site suladas KR Uffex

  7. #7Matt Fitzsimmons2019-03-14 15:18

    I'm not so sure thats correct. Just seems odd to me that machine would be in decel mode Everytime it is started. I could be wrong though.

  8. #8uffex2019-03-15 10:05

    Good day Matt Taken the liberty of asking the question to Takeuchi UK service department they confirm the answer we gave you please see attached email for your observation. Kind regards Uffex Subject: Re: TB235 Attention of service department Date: 15 March 2019 at 13:51:55 GMT To: Trevor Stewart Thank you Trevor much appreciated On 15 Mar 2019, at 10:58, Trevor Stewart wrote: Good morning Tim, Thank you for your enquiry. Yes this is correct, the machine will start in deceleration mode, as a safety feature. Please see attached article from the operator manual. Kind Regards, Trevor Stewart UK Service Manager www.takeuchi-mfg.co.uk Tel: 01706 657722 ext. 4018 Fax: 01706 657744 Unit E2(b) John Boyd Dunlop Drive Kingsway Business Park Rochdale OL16 4NG To: Info Subject: TB235 Attention of service department Good day Takeuchi Can you please answer a straight forward question regarding the TB235 excavator auto-deacearation system if in fact at start up the default is that the auto-deacelation is active and has to be switched to the off position to disable? Appreciate your time and attention look forward to your reply. Kind regards Have a good day Tim Harlow

  9. #9Matt Fitzsimmons2019-03-15 10:29

    Thanks uffex I really appreciate it

  10. #10JHI849!2023-01-01 18:20

    Thanks so much! I was looking for months at this problem.