Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL130 flashing battery light

Gunters96lt1 · 2023-05-23 13:31

Hey guys, I’ve got a 2004 TL130 with around 2400hrs. I’ve owned it for s few months and use it around my dads property. I tried out the grid heater once and when I started it right after I had a flashing battery light, hour meter quit working, and lost float control. Battery is charging 14+ volts when running. 12.9 engine off. Machine runs and operates just fine with these issues. I went through the fuse box, cleaned and all new fuses. Checked the fusible links back by the battery, all good. Checked both the yellow 3a fuse/diodes on the exhaust side of the engine under the cab. I’ve seen this exact issue on the Facebook groups but no one has seem to ever found the culprit.

Replies4
  1. #1AColeman2024-05-12 17:16

    Ever find the fix?

  2. #2Gunters96lt12024-05-12 18:06

    Nope

  3. #3jt6nuhblsdtr5n32024-05-14 10:46

    I have the exact same issue on mine. Electrically everything else works as expected, but battery light constantly flashes and beeps, hour meter dead, and no float. My suspicion is something wrong on the relay panel above your feet in the cab. Will play with it eventually, and at minimum try bypassing the float relay. I have no idea what on the relay board would cause that though. My relay board doesn't seem to be the same as the schematic commonly posted on here though. I think there might be a multi-use relay or other component that might have failed that is causing the computer to think the battery isn't charging, and either disabling the float relay or the float relay is included in the failed component.

  4. #4Cogniz2024-09-20 11:59

    Just took possession of a 2017 TL8 with the same symptoms. Battery was dead fully. Jumped it with some starter fluid but it took a good hour to get enough juice. Blinking oil lamp and battery indicator prior to starting. No hour meter either.