I have just picked up a 2008 Takeuchi TL130 and it arrived with no hydraulic oil showing in the site glass so I want to top it up. Hydraulics seem to be fine but the guy I bought it from said he has never topped up and occasionally lost some when changing attachments. This is where I run in to trouble. For the life of me I cannot loosen the bolt plug of the hydraulic tank. Is there a nack to this. I am trying to turn the bolt anti clockwise but it isn't budging. I have even tried banging the wrench with a sledgy to no avail apart from reshaping the bolt head. :beatsme I don't believe it has ever been undone. Am I trying to undo the wrong plug? It is the one on left hand side of engine bay, under the reat light cover. I think it is a 40 or 41 size bolt. I hope someone here can help me out. Thanks, Richard
Take the sheet metal off above the tank fill and get a socket and 3/4 impact on it. These plugs get tight for some reason but the impact always knock them loose. Just be sure to use a 6 point socket so you dont round off the plug.
Thanks Goose, I have just gone and borrowed a 41 socket & extension arm from my local tyre place and managed get it undone with alot of force. I was using the open spanner that comes with the toolkit - definitely not the tool to use. Thanks again.