Hello colleagues, I have a low hour 2024 Takeuchi TL8 R2 that I am running with a forestry mulching head. I service the machine regularly. I have noticed that sometimes whilst running the head, some of the machine movements (e.g. raising/lowering the arms or moving forwards/backwards) are cut off. Almost as if the machine doesn't have enough hydraulic flow. Is there some kind of hydraulic setting that I can adjust to remove this limitation? Has anyone had similar issues?
I am running a 2011 Bobcat T770 with a Cimaf head. Travel is never interrupted, separate pumps. The more load on the head = less power to the arms/tilt. If I stall the head, I have to shut off the aux flow to raise the head out the the tree. Then kick the head back on. Takes awhile to get the hang of how much you can push the head, but it will still stall out occasionally.
The machine is prioritizing the power to aux hyd. You can't change that in its settings (at least that I am aware of). Being a smaller machine, you don't have any excess hp or flow to work with. I would suggest don't load the mulcher as hard. This may allow the machine to allow more flow for other functions. If your mulcher has a load sensing pump it will ttake what is needed, by reducing the feed rate while running the mulcher the machine wont need to direct as much flow to the attachment. The problem with running lower powered machines in mulching is you don't have a lot of leeway due to its power and hyd capacity being lower and mulching requires a lot of both to be productive.