Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tracked popped off then back on!

skata ยท 2019-10-31 23:07

I still have the original tracks on my tl140. Around 900 hours and they still look decent. Not sure if old tracks flex more? Was in some serious mud today and when driving parallel to ruts, the tracks would pop sometimes. Then it popped hard. I looked to the side to see the right track popped off front idler and shifted a couple inches towards the machine. I paused for a bit thinking about how many hours I would have to spend to get the track system cleaned out (full of sticky mud) just to be able to get the track back on. I was like **** it, there is no way I'm going to try to fix the track in the middle of a mud pit. So I started to back up, and after several feet and a large pop, the track popped back on the front idler. I got lucky. Should I pump up the track tensioner real tight?

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2019-10-31 23:40

    Yep, right after you buy a lotto ticket.

  2. #2JD88752019-11-01 08:44

    You're one mighty lucky fella! If a track jumps off in the mud it's always resulted in me getting very muddy as well, never had one put itself back on. I'd be checking my track tension and thanking the good Lord he didn't make you roll in the mud like a pig. John