Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi/Yanmar/doosan engine swap

wayne w ยท 2019-01-22 12:51

My TL 130 overheated the engine a couple years ago from a stick opening up the rad drain cock.The symptom was an over pressured cooling system and rapid engine overheating. I hoped a new head gasket would cure the problem as the head didn't appear warped with my snap on straight edge. Fast forward I bought a used Yanmar 4tnv98 engine from a Doosan forklift. The engines are the same model, but different application. The big difference being the timing cover/front plate. They require the camshaft to be pulled which requires the head to be removed. Anybody ever work on a 4tnv98, can I just remove the cam gear with heat and puller ? After buying a head gasket kit from ebay/China and the gskt only lasting an hour I think they may be of dubious quality. Thanks Wayne

Replies0

No replies yet.