Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Talbert Trailer

Nige ยท 2012-02-10 07:03

Need some help. We have a 200-ton Talbert trailer that dates back from 1980. It's a 4-axle unit with each "axle" comprising of 2 independent bogies each carrying 4 tyres, 2 each side of the pivot. I can't find a parts manual for it. The Model is a TT4LW-200 if anyone can help. Specifically I need parts for the Axles and the wheels. According to the data I have the axles come from a company called Standard Forge and the reference is an A21S-S75. The Wheel Hub assemblies are Erie and the reference is 876-2700-10. Can anyone help with a supplier for these parts ..?

Replies2
  1. #1R W Merrick2012-02-10 22:39

    standard forge is now imt you can find their parts catalog on their website. I have two 70s talbert trailers and they both use the a21 style (749 inner, 643 outer bearings) spindle. What parts do you need exactly? Are those 15" or 20" spoke hubs?

  2. #2Nige2012-02-11 10:30

    Let me talk to the guys who are working on it. Not sure exactly what parts they need, just that they mentioned while doing a complete overhaul they needed axle/wheel/suspension parts. The hubs are 15" x 7.5. I have the trailer Serial Number and did manage to get a listing from Talbert's original build records of all the parts that went into it, but it's so old Talbert don't have a Parts Catalog available for it. It'll be Monday when I get back into work. If I can I'll also take some photos of the parts to highlight what they are looking for.