Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

tampo roller

gary808 ยท 2010-09-25 22:03

hey i have a tampo 10 ton single drum roller from the early 70s ( x military unit ) it had sunstrand pumps on it ,the system is filled with atf and it has no hydraulic power at all ..?? should it run something like 10wt trans fluid ? our 12 ton bomag calls for 10wt hydraulic trans fluid. the machine has under 300 hours and has a new viberator pump ,but the whole system is running really slugish . we have been through the whole system everything is clean and in working order so were thinking maybe the atf is two thin for this machine ? being a older machine im not sure if they designed it to run on a heavyer oil. and input would be much apperciated .

Replies7
  1. #1gary8082010-09-26 01:23

    okay i found the full manual online . and it calls for atf ....so its a pump problem .

  2. #2georgeguidi2010-10-17 16:43

    Gary, I have the same piece of equipment and have the same problem. I'm not very computer literate. Please help. George [email protected]

  3. #3gary8082010-10-17 19:30

    okay ill try and email you the manuel for the roller . any info on your sitiuation ?

  4. #4georgeguidi2010-10-23 11:54

    No progress here. When do you think you will be able to send it.?

  5. #5river782011-11-01 13:46

    I have a Tampo RS-28 single drum vibratory roller. Someone has stolen the radiator. It's an old unit (1985, ex- military) with a 53 Series Detroit Diesel engine. I have no clue what to look for in a replacement radiator. Does anyone have any info regarding what size, type, etc radiator I should search for? river78

  6. #6tool_king2011-11-04 11:28

    Gary808 Would you mind emailing me that manual you found on the Tempo rollor.My email address is [email protected] Thank you in advance Ed

  7. #7"acidoil"2015-02-18 12:55

    I know this is an old post. I picked this up at a near by army post. it's has 350 hours. I had to do some rewiring. it had some shorts form someones below par wiring and had to be jumped at the starter. This is the first Detroit I have been around. It is defiantly hearing protection required. We are in the process of chipping the 5 coats of paint off. I am sure hoping any major component problems that arise can be repaired. They all seem off the self aftermarket. Are any of you still running yours?