Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tch transmission fluid

mcprp · 2020-05-04 15:32

Does anyone know where you can buy case tch transmission fluid on the Internet besides an actual case dealer at 120.00 per 5 gallons .

Replies17
  1. #1mcprp2020-05-04 15:38

    Also , I’ve heard on this forum about changing hy and low clutch seals on a case 450 ser. 3068986 . How can you get in a position to do so without the dozer being at least 3 feet in the air so you can get under it and have room to work .

  2. #2alrman2020-05-04 18:40

    A 10W transmission oil will work as good if not better than TCH. Re positioning the machine to work on those Hi/Low end caps ....... you don't want to do that job unless you really have to

  3. #3mcprp2020-05-04 23:40

    Ok , thank you !

  4. #4mcprp2020-05-05 05:10

    L

  5. #5mcprp2020-05-05 05:11

    Will this work do you think ?

  6. #6mcprp2020-05-05 10:50

    Arman , I want to tell you my thought process to see what you think . My dozer is running well . The right hy low is still not working . I think it is stuck in high and when I shift the right side there is no difference . My first thought is that I have a bad clutch pack but after reading some posts I see that without just assuming the worst , there is a couple of things that could be checked . First I don’t see any leakage under or anywhere except the hose connection ports on the control valve . It’s hard to tell exactly witch ones because even though I wipe them clean they don’t leak in idle , only while being worked . So I’m going to remove all the hoses and change the o-rings , I think there are o-rings ! Anyway if it still doesn’t work after that , the other thing I read about is the shaft seals . That’s why I was asking about working on them . I still know that before doing that , that the best thing to do is get a pressure test done . Still haven’t got around to it because I have to rent a trailer and the test is like 350.00 . Anyway, your thoughts would be appreciated . One more thing . I was also considering removing the control valve and rebuilding the piston seals . Does it come off easy enough and easy enough to work on ?

  7. #7mcprp2020-05-06 21:44

    Well , if I’m lucky , I found out why my dozer wasn’t turning to the right with the shift lever . When I pulled the control valve apart this is what I found . Don’t know what kind of special clip holds this together like the other two . Parts diagram doesn’t even show . Does anyone know ?

  8. #8mcprp2020-05-06 21:48

    Better than a bad clutch pack though, keeping my fingers crossed

  9. #9Nige2020-05-06 23:05

    No idea about the rest of it but Conoco Powerdrive 10 is a perfectly acceptable transmission oil. It meets TO-4 Spec amongst others. We used it a lot in powertrain & hydraulic systems that called for a 10-weight oil.

  10. #10mcprp2020-05-06 23:54

    Thank you !

  11. #11mcprp2020-05-06 23:56

    Rebuilt and ready to go !

  12. #12mcprp2020-05-06 23:58

    My grandfather would have loved to meet you . He was an electrician on the Lehigh railroad . He loved the locomotive .

  13. #13mcprp2020-05-09 15:02

    This is it

  14. #14mcprp2020-05-09 15:03

    I think the other tranny fluid I had was good but not quite heavy enough .

  15. #15mitch5042020-05-09 15:39

    That doesn't specifically meet the Case spec, I wonder how it would do in something like a superK? Whether you would get brake chatter, etc.? OOPs, the sK says Hytran ultra, not tch in tranny. ignore this post

  16. #16Nige2020-05-09 15:44

    If you get brake chatter, throw the appropriate amount of anti-chatter additive into it. Power drive 10W is fully mixable with it. Some wet-braked Cat axles call for TO-4 plus X fluid ounces of additive.

  17. #17mcprp2020-05-13 07:05

    Update ! After fixing my control valve I now have both high and low speed and can turn both ways with the shift levers . Thank God I didn’t have a bad clutch pack . In side the control valve their are three shifting pistons . The rod that protrudes out to the shift lever is connected to the internal piston by a internal clip . The right side piston wasn’t connected therefor not working . The clip was not available so I had to make my own . Anyway changed the oil again and putting the new 10w tranny fluid into it . Checked the filters , they are clean . Now it’s just waiting for the next thing . Got to change some hoses in the future . None are leaking but I can see the metal winding in spots on some . Thanks for the input on my questions and stay safe with the virus thing going on .