when it gets cold my dogs eat more dog food i thought. well mr.squirrel had stock piled the dog food in the rad and engine of the td-18 known as DUALLY. i just used the garden hose and the dog food floats right up and out, so 200 gallons later i think i have most of the dog food out of the engine. at least it was not monday, LOL. thansk KoO Published Author
Ho, ho. That's funny. I've had squirrels and deer mice do the same thing, pack rats too. They love dry dog food and will put it everywhere out of sight.
How did he get the cap off? Rn'R.
i left the cap off because this was never a problem before. now i won't be doing that again, LOL today during a heavy snowfall, xena gave the td-18 known as DUALLY a push start with the d6 9u known as THE HOOD. DUALLY has not run since last summer and he fired right up. once up and runnig i checked out the deep snow and the td-18 is a good winter freighting cat because he can snowshoe big time. any tricks to setting the injector pump because there sure is lots of black smoke, LOL thansk KoO Published Author
I guessed as much, I was having a bit of a stir, or else he was a very clever squirrel. I have been following your website for quite a while, Koo, and life at Lynn Lake is totally different to anything I have experienced. If the opportunity ever presented itself, it is an area I would like to visit. Rn'R.
Rn'R, we work with the OZ nickel guys up here for a year and got to learn alot about the land of OZ. two totally different worlds and you are welcome anytime. check this out and see how much xena has grown over the years. now she is driving the push cat, LOL http://kingofobsolete.ca/TD-18_INTERNATIONAL_DUALLY_WEBPAGE.htm thansk KoO Published Author
Hi KoO , at least it wasnt pecan shells !!!. (I have pictures somewhere) Those pecan shells can make a real mess as well . lol Wingnut
My brother inlaw called me over to help him because his 69 Corvette would not start in the spring after winter storage. He was cranking it and I was adding a little gas to th ecarb and it was sputtering and backfiring and making some aweful ticking sounds. He was worried and said sounds like some lifters are shot whats with all that ticking racket. I said it sounds louder at the back of the car not near the motor..........went to look and dog food was shooting out the exhaust at the back wall of the garage LOL. He starts flipping out and said I wondered were the dog food was going ...he kept it in the garage so his dog would not get it and though more was coming out of the bag tan he was using. It turned out to be mice and they had both pipes packed through the mufflers and all the way up to the exhaust manifolds. Took us about and hour and a half tounbolt the system and clean it out, she fired right up once the exhuast was clear. We could not belive it but said well the mice have all day and all winter to store their food LOL.
KoO, I had to point this out. In that last pic when your bringing DUALLY into the garage, the overhead light is making a shadow on the floor of the tractor engine house. If you look at the shadow, it makes the right track look like it's off the ground. Nice illusion.
that IS a heck of an optical illusion. Glad to see your ok King, keeping busy? how much winter you got left? A snow like that would scare the folks around here to death. I think all winter we managed around 3 inches total and its starting to turn to spring.
Hey King, this is ironic cause I just fiddled with my pump yesterday (for black smoke) kind of trial and error but I advanced the pump one little mark at a time it has arrows for direction of advance time goes on things will ware in> I moved mine two lines and when up to temp no smoke Sam
This is no ordinary squirrel, its a Canadian big nuts squirrel. A cunning and clever mammal, he has been known to remove radiator caps AND mount female polar bears.
Thanks for the invite KoO, who knows what may happen down the track, "never say never" and the same goes if you ever make it "down under". I guess it won't be long and Xena will be operating the Cattrain Tours. I like it!:falldownlaugh Rn'R.
Must have been a stout SOB:lmao:falldownlaugh
sorry for missing all the relpies guys but i have been busy. the money tree died about 6 months ago, so i had to whip up a valentine gift for my girlfriend. on friday the 13th xena and i just played with the cats until DUALLY got ice in the fuel line i had to be towed back to the shop. oh well. thansk KoO Published Author
KoO That Valentine gift look sbetter than any store boughten oone. Good work.
Tracks and snow: Hello KoO, Long time no type... LOL Question for you... do your tracks get tight and start to pop in that type of snow? I cut snow relief holes in my pads... same as you I think... but I'd have to run them real loose in some types of snow. On more... what brand (name) is the hat you're wearing in picture #4... post#4... I'm serious... :cool2 Also, nice pictures... keep posting them if you can. Take care now, OCR