Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Two old unique machines

doncampbell ยท 2009-02-12 10:13

I have walked through a lot of heavy equipment salvage yard, but never saw one of these old rigs. The fellow had two of them and thought some of you might enjoy seeing a couple pictures of them. I'm going to try to figure out how to attach pictures ?

Replies11
  1. #1doncampbell2009-02-12 10:38

    unique machine Here are two pictures I thought were a very unique machine and a future model project for me to build.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2009-02-12 14:13

    Are those pictures of the same machine or two different ones? How does the dump work? Looks like it might trip somehow? How is it lowered? Interesting find!

  3. #3stretch2009-02-12 15:28

    My guess would be Koehring Dumptors. Never seen any around here, sure look like an interesting little truck.

  4. #4qball2009-02-12 15:44

    well, steve,one has a cab. the other, not so much. ointhead

  5. #5doncampbell2009-02-12 17:11

    The fellow who ownes both of them said they dumped the box by backing up and jerking the box to dump. Thought some of you might enjoy seeing them . They were in pretty solid shape .

  6. #6Steve Frazier2009-02-12 17:17

    I was so focused on the dump I didn't notice the cab....:beatsme

  7. #7scholzee2009-02-12 17:33

    Or black bucket on one exhaust and white on the other LOL

  8. #8doncampbell2009-02-12 18:17

    If I build a model of one of them, I like the looks of the one with the cab better.

  9. #9northwest412009-04-27 21:21

    Yes Koehring Dumptor is correct. They came in two sizes way back in the 1970's a 10 yard and a 6 yard, the basic design did not change for years and if you catch the vidio on you tube of the Boulder (Hoover) dam being built you can see them and some Linn trucks. Seems like there was not much thought in operator comfort or safety back then as the operator did not get out of the unit when loading, just a little scary in these days. I believe that HCEA has a double dumptor in it'd posession , came with tracks and an engine and transmission for each track, only have seen a picture of it and a brief description though.

  10. #10bear2009-04-27 22:42

    they're... pink... do they run?

  11. #11renaud2013-09-01 21:44

    Back when they came out of the shop when brand new, i guess they were some kind of dark orange.....but Koehring paint tend to fade over the years and obviously, these ones never saw the paint brush..... Interresting find.I saw one this summer at Gerhart in Pennsylvania.They are very interresting machines and somewhat, unique. Regards. Max.