Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Td20 torque converter

illinoisboy ยท 2017-03-26 21:38

Does anyone know if the 270ih scrapers, that ran the dvt573, have the same torque converter as the td20c dozers with a 573? Or if they can be swapped? Scored a piston/spun a rod main, on the dozer, but have 2 270 IH scrapers to utilize parts from. Thoughts?? Thanks all!

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2017-03-29 00:15

    That's a good question. I would think a check of the parts books for the each unit might be one source of information. It's been so many years since I've worked on either they both have faded to black in my head.

  2. #2illinoisboy2017-04-04 21:46

    I have a maintenance book for the dozer but no parts manual. I do have all manuals for the scraper though. I can't even find anyone to rebuild the torque converter.i guess companies are only used to rebuilding the newer ones... Sorry mine lasted 40+ years. Lol