Out of the blue I started my JD 450H and when I put it in forward it would not move. Same thing with reverse but after a minute of so it eventually started to move erratically. Left track moved right track did not. In about a second the right track moved and the left did not (steering left right left right). This went on repeatedly for about 5 minutes until it cleared up and then the machine ran normal for the rest of the day. The next day, same thing. I changed trans filter and made sure it was full of fluid. No change until one day while the machine was tracking left right left right an so on, I pressed the brake pedal. The machine stopped, the engine locked up as if the hydraulic fluid stopped flowing through the return line and when I tried to restart the engine it made a half turn (rev) and locked up tighter than a frogs butt. I am just wondering if anyone knows of this problem or something similar. It was hard to believe that two JD service managers never heard of this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Frank
I've never heard of that problem but I will tell you this......If those service managers are anything like what I deal with here, my 14 year old grand daughter knows more about equipment than they do. This guy here is nothing but a paper pusher. There is more knowledge here than in most service books. Good luck!
My theory is that they are playing dumb waiting for me to bring it to them. Or can it be I am the only one in history to have this problem? Thanks
What codes do you have displaying?
This happened in early winter and now the batteries are dead. I need to get fresh batteries. I will check the codes then post what I find. Thank you GregsHD
Fault codes will display if there is a malfunction present and stay in memory, not sure if they will remain in memory after batts are disconnected? Could be a bad sensor, bad connection either at a sensor or the trans controller behind the seat, chaffed wires etc. The code(s) will narrow it down otherwise it's a guessing game!
I will put a charge on the batts and see if I get a code. I will also pull the seat and floor pans and take a look. thanks again
TRACK SPEED SENSORS