Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD25 Dozer Clutch Pressure Problems

Joseph Warren · 2019-11-22 16:09

Hello, I’ve recently come into a TD 25 dozer. It runs like a champ, and I’ve run it about 10 hours since I got it, however, as of a little bit ago, I lost most of my clutch pressure. It still runs strong, and if I idle, it keeps pressure in the “blue zone”. The moment I put it in gear, I lose all pressure. I’ve replaced filters, and then I had no pressure at all, as though it burned up. I have cleaned out the suction screen and replaced every filter I can find. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies1
  1. #1John C.2019-11-26 22:58

    The suction connections for the transmission pump would probably be my first place to look. Tighten hose clamps and replace any leaking O rings and try it again. If still no pressure on the gauge, removal of the pump and tear down might be next. Loosing pressure when shifting into gear indicates a leaking clutch pack in the transmission.