Hi guys has any one out there fitted or seen another engine fitted to a TD 25c other than the inter engine regards vintex
cummings, r/r=rolls
25c I have never heard of anyone swapping the 817 out the c for another engine. Both the c@ e series used ih engines then it was swapped to 1150 cummins. I would imagine if you found a wrecked g with the engine you could Robb enough parts to make it fit. The c models had a couple things like gear driven fan drive and the steering pump was mounted to right front side of engine. The 817 is a very good engine and despite it having a constant smoke trail it actually uses less fuel per hr than the newer n14 cummins in newer 25's. we have worked our old c along side the new 155 komatsu's and it uses a 100 litres per shift(10hr) than the komatsu? Not bad for late 70s tec.
I meant 100 litres less per shift!
I have had the same thought vintex . The 817 in my 25c is fairly low hour on a rebuild but one of these day's something will go bad.The 817 was a good engine but expensive to work on if you can even fined parts for them today.The Cummins KT engine that came in the G model like steve.k mentioned might be the easiest option.For myself I'l probably go with a big cam 855 cummins if something went bad in the 817 IH engine.Did that on the Fiat Allis dozer years ago and it worked fine.It was a little bit of work but worth it in the long haul. HeavyEquipmentForums