Hi everyone, new guy on the block here. I have had this old Dresser TD7 for about 20 years, been a great machine, no serious problems......until now. All of a sudden, it is stuck in 1st forward, will not shift into neutral or reverse, just keeps going forward, no other apparent problems. Clutch pressure good, fluids on the mark, just won't shift. I am at a total loss, need help.
linkage all still intact?
Linkage all good, even took the shifter valve body apart and installed new O-rings in case that was the problem, still the same. The tractor still has the normal amount of pushing power, just won't come out of 1st forward.
Lots of knowledgable people here that can probably give you an answer. You might also want to try here: http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php International specific- they might have an answer,too. My son had a TD7C for a while. If I recall, the shifter is basically a handle on a valve-body. If you changed o-rings w no luck I wonder if a line is plugged....? Good luck, DB
What model TD7 ? I have manuals for TD7G and the E version is covered quite a bit too. I have a G power shift. There are actually 3 valves associated with shifting it. The pilot control valve where the lever is. And the modulator valve, and the selection valve are both on the transmission. If you are going to trouble shoot it I can help with the manual info. You will need a pressure gauge. There are lots of points to measure in the trouble shooting procedure. gg