Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex 72-21B hydraulic pump

cs1 ยท 2026-03-12 18:57

I'm looking for info on a hydraulic pump for an old (~'78) Terex 72-21B wheel loader. The original Terex part number for the pump is 15011978, but I haven't been able to find anything relevant using that number & google comes up empty. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me find a general-purpose cross-reference part number for a pump that's compatible with this loader. Basically, I'm looking for either some kind of rebuild kit, an OEM used/reman pump, or a compatible aftermarket pump. Please help, thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2026-03-13 08:35

    I believe that is a P30 or P50 Commercial pump. I would think parts/ complete pump should be relatively easy to get. What part of USA are you in ?

  2. #2cs12026-04-03 18:54

    Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the response. Yeah, I actually contacted Parker, and got the specs for the original pump. However, it turns out that it's an obsolete model and they don't make a newer version that can work as an alternate. They said I'd have to have it custom made and it would be very expensive. Anyway, we found a single pump unit that matches the same total flow & pressure specs as the original tandem unit, but we don't know if it would be ok to replace a tandem with a single. Any ideas if this should be ok? Obviously, it's probably not ideal, and have to come up with a way to adapt the multiple input & output hoses into the new single unit, but, in theory, should this work?

  3. #3Welder Dave2026-04-04 01:00

    Might be able to use a flow divider. If you know the flow of each pump you could set the flow divider to match.

  4. #4Deere500a2026-04-04 14:56

    Terex 72-71 Parts | Southern Tractor Terex 72-71 parts available. Terex 72-71 dismantled machine parts. Quality used heavy equipment parts at affordable prices. southerntractor.com May help I have no experience with em