Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex 760B Timing Injector pump

DxHac69 · 2020-02-12 10:23

I have a Terex 760b backhoe i am needing to have the injector pump rebuilt. Is there anyone who has info on setting up the timing on it before i remove it? It is a perkins pump

Replies8
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-02-12 10:35

    pumpguysc is the pump expert here. He will be reading this soon. He can rebuild yours cheaper than anyone in the pump business.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2020-02-12 17:01

    U need the timing pins for the cam & crank.. its a real b!tch to do.. the front timing cover HAS TO come off. & once u get the pins to go in, you lock the pump w/the lock timing screw on the pump, below the mounting flange bolt.. Dont try to cheat, it wont work.. When u get it back, the timing will be set by a $100k machine .& locked to the correct timing for #1 cylinder.. & if u cheat... it wont run right & u have to take it back to be timed all over again.. & that costs more $$$

  3. #3thepumpguysc2020-02-12 17:10

    U never said whats wrong w/ it.. "maybe" i can talk u thru the repair..?? Low power..?? Pressurizing the fuel tank..??

  4. #4DxHac692020-02-12 20:53

    It is leaking from the pump near the mounting plate.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2020-02-12 21:25

    There’s a weep hole to tell u the front seal have let go.. If U wanted to fix it, I can give u the p# of the seals (2) & u could just lock the pump & pull it.. just replace the seals & put it back on..

  6. #6thepumpguysc2020-02-13 11:00

    Or if u want just a minor repair, I can do it. I don’t have that machine to set the timing..

  7. #7DxHac692020-02-14 10:37

    if you wouldnt mind giving me a little info on installing the seals and there part numbers I should be able to complete the repair.

  8. #8thepumpguysc2020-02-14 11:13

    can u send me an email.?? my screen name at aol dot com & I'll give u the info..