Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex and Jcb mini hoes?

JGibson ยท 2015-06-11 09:10

Posting this for a friend. He is looking for a 5 ton sized mini. The only 5 ton I've had was a Bobcat 335 and I loved it but bobcat isn't an option where he is. The local dealers are Terex, JCB, Kubota, Deere and Cat. Don't know much about the new jcb minis (I had an 804 super for a while and loved it), and know nothing about the terex minis. Looking at the JCB 8045 and the Terex TC50. Machine would get after an market thumb, q/c and buckets so quality of manufactuer attachments doesn't matter. Machine if for farm use so it won't get too much work a year. Any advice is appreciated, Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1clintm2015-06-11 21:42

    kubota

  2. #2mxsledder2015-06-12 13:48

    Kubota. I'm not a fan of the terex equipment at all.

  3. #3StumpyWally2015-06-12 17:44

    You might want to look at the spec comparison & discussion in my thread at: I would think a Kubota & a Cat should be considered hard...& for sure a Tak TB290 IF you can go a little bigger.