Have my PT-100 all back together and everything seems good now but I'm still getting vibration when I rev it up to speed. Guidance is it's either motor mounts, or misalignment to the hydro pump. New Engine previous owner had just put in is running smooth. When I looked at motor mounts, they are the opposite of how the parts diagram shows them. I popped the back loose and tried to remove them but pretty much destroyed them in the process. The attached metal washer didn't want to come through the hole so broke apart. I'm ordering all new ones tomorrow but want to verify which way they go. The way they were seems like they are doing nothing. However the other way seems like the outer cup is going to collect a lot of grime and junk. Here is how mine were. This is the view from the top of the cross member support that the engine sits on... And here is the view from underneath .... Isn't this the opposite of how they are supposed to be or is this correct?
Here is the parts diagram that has me suspecting the mounts are upside down. They are #3 in the diagram...
Hi L3akaL3. Collapsed engine mounts will cause the vibration you described. Misalignment of the pump is unlikely. As for the engine mount orientation, the large shoulder of the mount goes between the engine rear plate and the frame of the machine, just like the parts illustration. The mounts from ASV/Terex have a steel washer bonded to the upper section (shoulder) of the mount. The washer underneath is to expand the rubber to keep the engine/pump assembly aligned in the frame. You have to push them out from underneath. Hope this helps
Does any of the motor mount protrude through the frame and extend or show underneath? You can see in the picture of mine, it's apparently upside down with the shoulder under the frame. There's an attached washer on what should be the bottom of the mount but since it's upside down, it is what is showing in my first picture as the only part showing on top of the frame. As I said, that attached washer doesn't want to go through the frame so I broke the washer pulling it through. On the next one, I guess I can try to squeeze the shoulder through instead and push it all upwards like you said. I'm just trying to picture how this is going to work when I go to do it right. There's a metal spacer tube inside the rubber. With the built in washer, the rubber isn't going to be able to collapse much. Since the washer didn't want to pull through the bottom when I removed the first 2, I assume it is just going to lay on the frame with the rest of the mount sticking up almost it's full height?
Yes, you can see the nuts and washers from underneath, just like the parts diagram. When replacing the mount, i use a little dielectric grease (silicon based) on the rubber that goes thru the main frame, align it, then lower the engine pushing it thru the hole in the main frame. The metal tube is there so you can torque the nut and not collapse the mount. The weight of the engine is what causes the mount to depress a little bit. (anti-vibration)
Just finished up the job. I guess the old mounts weren't upside down, they were just so bad that the washer on top had been pushed into the hole. There was no rubber left on top. The mushroom part underneath was the sleeve part that goes through the hole and was deformed from the big washer tightened against it. Here's a comparison of the old one on the left and the new one like it should be. The one on the left is flipped opposite of the one on the right because I didn't realize the top of the old ones were worn away until I got the others out so I thought the mushroom part was the top when I took these.