Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex PT100 Forestry

77Ford ยท 2021-04-07 21:59

I'm looking at a used Terex and have a few concerns I was hoping to bounce off anyone that might be more familiar with the ASV/Terex machine. 1) It idles at 1050 with the throttle pulled all the way back and has a very noticeable vibration. If you throttle it up to about 1150 or above it smooths out and goes away. 2) The automatic lock to attach buckets and implements is not releasing. 3) It make a sound in motion that I think it coming from the back roller cages(sprockets) They look like metal tubes that fit inside the tracks and they are about 1" in diameter but the bolt that goes thru is maybe 3/8 so they just flop around and make a tingy sound , is that normal for these style of track? Overall it started and ran good but I think it's going to need quite a bit of tinkering to get it back to normal. Any comments would be greatly apprecaited.

Replies9
  1. #1Tones2021-04-08 01:00

    I'll have a go at answering. 1)is a mulcher on or off the machine? 2) those quick attach can be a PITA.. A big hammer is the tool of choice and a helper to use it to bach the lock lugs in. Once you have got that a grease gun is next and lub the locks. A zerk on each one. 3) the noise from the sprockets is normal .Read the service manual on wear. They are a good machine and have some of the best Hi flow in there class. With a mulcher on they are very nose heavy so be careful on hill country, they will work up hill all day without any worries.

  2. #277Ford2021-04-08 08:52

    There is no mulcher on the machine, The one odd thing is it's painted orange looks like from the factory as all the decals are in place. I've not seen another orange one anywhere online.

  3. #3Vetech632021-04-08 09:04

    Good luck finding and affording parts for that.

  4. #477Ford2021-04-08 16:25

    Thanks for the replies, with all it's issues I decided to go a different route, found a decent JD 329D. Hopefully it's a good one.

  5. #5Tags2021-04-08 22:03

    Think you made a good decision, ASV/Terex support is spotty at best, the undercarriage needs to be treated with kid gloves, and when it needs repairs,and it will, get ready to pay ALOT, that's if you do it yourself, if you bring it somewhere, get ready to pay a lot more than a lot....

  6. #6Tones2021-04-08 22:13

    Yeah Tags, I could new tracks on 2 d6 and still have coin left over compared to new tracks on a RC100. It cost $20,000 and that's replacing everything

  7. #7Tags2021-04-08 22:14

    Don't get me wrong, if treated with lots of respect they'll last a good while and they ride real nice and will move lots of material, I just cringe when I see someone going deep into a pile of 1 1/4" stone with one and all that sharp rock falls into the undercarriage and then they spill some on the aspahalt and just keep twisting and turning on it....it's like opening all the doors and windows in the middle of winter and maxing the thermostat out.....

  8. #8Tones2021-04-08 22:27

    I was pushing a mulcher with mine, got 1500 hrs out of the belts. The rest of was good to go again. Belts were 5 grand a piece

  9. #977Ford2021-04-09 10:51

    Lucky for me my 329D has new Belts and sprockets!