Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex TS-14C Trouble

Terexcat · 2025-03-20 23:15

Hi Just bought a (1996-ish ) Terex TS-14C Scraper. Having hydraulic issues- The bowl lever works fine, but the (middle ) apron lever is acting goofy - when I pull the lever, it raises the apron, but then when I push it the other way, it actuates the EJECTOR. I have never in all my years seen this happen- but on my “B” models, it’s just the control valve fed by the pump- on this “C” model, There is a servo valve- wondering if that could have something to do with it?

Replies7
  1. #1nicky 68a2025-03-21 03:00

    Out of curiosity,I’ve never seen a TS14C. I ran some TS14B’s years ago and liked them.They made me a few quid,but sold them after I finished the job.I also worked alongside some TS14D’s but never a C. Do you have pictures of the beast? I’m abit of a fan of TS14’s.

  2. #2Terexcat2025-03-21 03:44

    I have 3 "B's " The C was the next series after them, Mid 90's. Same as the B, but 471T (Turbocharged) engines, and power-down Bowl cylinders. Don't have Pics yet as I just bought it, but if you go on Ritchie Bros auction website, there are 2 up for sale in the Grande Prairie Alberta sale April 9. Cheers. Also have you heard of the TTS-14? Tandem TS-14. Pretty cool. Google it.

  3. #3Terexcat2025-03-21 12:05

    By the way, those “C’s” Were built in Motherwell Scotland

  4. #4nicky 68a2025-03-21 12:17

    Yes Terex Cat,I bought one of my TS14’s from just down the road of their factory during the early 90’s. In the UK there were loads of 14’s and 24’s that were made out of Motherwell. We also saw a fair few Yanky B9 lot 24’s too. Great,cheap scrapers and were superior to Cat in the wet climate of .the UK

  5. #5Terexcat2025-03-26 13:00

    Nice. Yeah, I grew up on these things. There’s still a fair few around here in Saskatchewan working but parts are getting hard to find. I have to find an older machine ( or “ditch pickle” like an ex-employee called them ) and knock it on the head every once in a while just for parts lol. Probably not many crawling around over there these days

  6. #6nicky 68a2025-03-27 03:33

    No Terex scrapers at all working in the UK that anyone knows of. The noise of the Detroits killed them off before their time

  7. #7Welder Dave2025-03-30 22:44

    They were still really popular in the 70's and 80's. Have heard several people say they preferred them over Cat's especially in soft conditions.