Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terramite T5 loosing power in the drive wheels

Steveneedshelp ยท 2015-02-24 21:22

Pritty cool machine. Lots of power for its size. Hydro static. Still has power in the bucket and claw. Driveing seems to be getting slower. Checked all the fluids and its cold outside so i know it not over heating. Its parked indoors but I take it out for the snow removal. Motor is 1 year old. Any ideas?

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2015-02-24 22:49

    Manual I found says to use 10W SF/CC/CD oil below 40 degrees? Is the pedal that connects to the drive pump working properly, full range of motion?

  2. #2AllDodge2015-02-26 10:44

    I have a T5C my self, real handy little machine. There is just one filter for the hole system and if you have replaced it and you don't have a line clasping then it may be the tranny. Whit the engine running at rpm put it against something solid and then go full forward speed. If you can keep the wheels from spinning and the engine dies your tranny is OK. If the engine lugs down but you can't stall it, then your tranny is going. Another good resource is call Terramite in W VA, then ask for service, they are a helpful bunch and can advise

  3. #3Steveneedshelp2015-02-27 20:12

    thank you. I will see what it does on monday