Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

the clearing project is finished

Carolina start up ยท 2021-07-10 22:46

things changed but pay was still the same machine I rented was underpowered as hell or it might be the fact this is the 3rd time in my life I've ran a excavator

Replies19
  1. #1Carolina start up2021-07-10 22:49

    more pictures

  2. #2Carolina start up2021-07-10 22:51

    the last one but i dint destroy anything but I wish I could of done better

  3. #3Welder Dave2021-07-10 23:23

    I think you could have used a little bigger machine. The main thing to worry about is if the customer was happy with the job. Excavators take a lot of practice.

  4. #4Carolina start up2021-07-10 23:27

    yeah and they seemed happy they want me to come back and do more landscaping at their house but I had it from 10-3 basically so not a lot of time to get good

  5. #5Welder Dave2021-07-10 23:29

    Good the customer was happy.

  6. #6Carolina start up2021-07-11 21:18

    next time which could be soon because I was recommended to someone for land clearing again already I'm getting a bigger machine least a 40 unless its big pine trees then I'mma go rent like a cat 320

  7. #7skata2021-07-11 22:20

    Good job. But I think you need to buy a tape measure, because those are lot bigger than 2 inch trees. Lol

  8. #8Shimmy12021-07-11 22:28

    Strangest looking pine trees I've ever seen. When you said 2" pines, my first thought was baby Christmas trees.

  9. #9Welder Dave2021-07-12 00:04

    I think you might want to get a little more experience before moving up to a Cat 320. Bad things can happen in a hurry.

  10. #10AzIron2021-07-12 06:50

    Tree clearing and excavators are pretty risky for a novice operator Good on you for making it work and making a buck dont think for a minute tho that running a 320 is as easy as running a mini it will have a huge potential to eat your lunch

  11. #11Vetech632021-07-12 08:03

    I just want to know if you made a decent profit to cover your expenses.

  12. #12John Canfield2021-07-12 17:37

    It took me about 20 hours in the seat of my Bobcat E42 to be somewhat productive having never run a hoe before. I would much rather take down a tree with a chainsaw and dig up the root ball than try to push it over, my E42 is about 5 tons so it has some weight.

  13. #13Carolina start up2021-07-12 20:40

    the planned changed because who was paying for it want it a certain way so I listen to whos paying

  14. #14Carolina start up2021-07-12 20:41

    running a 320 would make me feel slightly safer i think I wanna get a 308 or something though I had to cancel the 30g order because well I know it ain't gonna be that much stronger

  15. #15Carolina start up2021-07-12 20:42

    my expenses were 300 dollars and it dint even have to be that because the rental place dint fill it completely with fuel so I decided id fill it up and a 5-gallon jug just in case.

  16. #16Carolina start up2021-07-12 20:44

    this was my 3rd time 2 times before that one was trying to buy a machine I put maybe half an hour messing with it the other time I moved a machine for a guy so I got maybe 5 hours of seat time. when I took down the one tree near their house though I looked somewhat like I've been running one for 100s of hours because I was not trying to drop it on the house. whats the saying fake it till you make it because that's what I did

  17. #17Carolina start up2021-07-12 20:46

    been easier but like I said plans changed they cut down the small stuff so I just pulled the stumps and left all the other stuff for me to take out

  18. #18KSSS2021-07-12 21:00

    What did you bid it at?

  19. #19Carolina start up2021-07-12 21:10

    2k