1958 model D 405 Corn Queen. No--- power steering, heated mirrors, AC, stationary seat and not much for a heater. Plus dim headlights {generator**, air powered wipers, copper tubing for main air lines {lots of air leaks**, lousy brakes and no jake. But other than that she was a queen in her day. Built from 56 to 61 West Coast model International. 220 with 4x4 trans. The nose is 6' from bottom of windshield to front of grill. It had a long hood before Pete even thought of it. I have seen very few of these through the years. I took these pics yesterday Truck Shop
It almost looks like it might be usable still. Is it?
This area of Oregon is real dry. The sheet metal is in good shape also the floor boards. I have been keeping an eye on it for some time. It's an ugly I can like. With a lot of work- cab off rebuild plus a lot of time. Truck Shop
With no power steering the steering wheel takes up about 86 percent of the cab room in those old girls, the twin sticks get another 9 percent. I know... Drove a similar IH in water truck form. same cab but it had flat fenders and a setback front axle, F series sound right? As far as the Cowbox, I had a girlfriend whose dad had the same box and trailer setup on an early 60s KW. Just north of the Palouse falls area. Used to be a lot of truck and trailer combos of that sort around here, nowadays its all on a 5th wheel.
Got the mirror on the radiator to check the pyrometer at the end of the stack! There is a ol boy from the ATHS that still runs his everywhere everyday. It looks like a good start.
Good one Doyle! I was waiting to see who would notice that.-------------Disc pump with Vise Grips on the return line. The way it was done in those days. Truck Shop