Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

They know the general area the guy

hvguy ยท 2016-09-24 04:00

how does this douche keep getting past all the CAPTCHA's

Replies5
  1. #1Rowdy162016-09-24 18:47

    ????

  2. #2digger242j2016-09-24 20:10

    This is what happens when somebody replies to a spam thread, even if they're as disgusted with them as we are. One of the Mods removed the spam opening post, but didn't notice the reply. We've posted this before, but it bears repeating--if you mouse over the thread title, you'll get a little box that shows you the first few lines of its content. Sure, some of the titles are eye catching, but if you can see that it's spam, don't even bother opening it. Well, it's certainly not one individual. There's a whole nest of them out there somewhere. And it seems they're not bots. Human verification tricks only work when there's not a real human sitting at the keyboard.

  3. #3hvguy2016-09-24 20:20

    I feel dumb, wont happen again. -_-

  4. #4digger242j2016-09-24 20:27

    That's ok. As I said, we're all disgusted with them, and I know that's what motivated you to post. I just left the thread here because the more members that know how this works, the easier our jobs get. You provided everybody with a "teachable moment", as they call it. That's a good thing.

  5. #5Rowdy162016-09-25 10:29

    Thanks digger242j. I appreciate your effort.