Hi All, I'm after a new lot of grease and am chasing the thickest i can get, I am currently using Lucas Oil but wondering what people are recommending. Cheers, Nick
Nick, I see you are using Lucas Oil grease. But you didn't say what weight it is. The Lucas dealer most likely can get what ever weight you need. All the grease I ever used was (National Lubrication Grease Institute) NLGI #1 and #2. We used to call #1 winter use weight.
Guess the question is what is the application? I know Mobil Oil shows an NLG#3. Then there are open gear lubes that are very thick, but don't think you can pump them.
Hi, Thanks for the replies Im currently using http://lucasoil.com/pdf/TDS_XtraHDGrease.pdf which has a viscosity of 145 But i found this http://www.caltex.com.au/FPL PDS/Ultra Duty Grease.pdf which is 380 Its for suspension pins and bushes The thicker the better
Have checked into crater family of greases ? The heavier grades are really quite stiff. We used to use it in the open gears of cranes. It was as thick as tar. We even had some of it in spray cans. I don't remember what weight was in those cans. It was used on the cables. Here is a link to the Texaco brand of it. http://www.gannonoils.co.uk/Industrial/Grease/Texaco_Greases/Texaco_Crater.html