Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

This forum section needs to be renamed

MG84 ยท 2025-07-09 17:56

I've noticed many new members posting questions in this section on farm tractors, wheel loaders, skid loaders, etc. I think the title Tractor/Loader/Backhoes is confusing people. While most of us in the industry know exactly what a Tractor Loader Backhoe (TLB) is, to most it's simply a "Backhoe." The title of this section reads Tractors, Loaders, and Backhoes to the uninformed. I personally think it should simply be renamed "Backhoes". Maybe I'm way off base here, but I think it would clear up a lot of confusion.

Replies6
  1. #1BC Placer gold2025-07-09 19:45

    I agree, probably better for the layperson; less confusion. Up here most everyone would just say: backhoe

  2. #2Tones2025-07-09 19:54

    A simple solution could be to drop the Tractor part off the thread title. There's already a tread under Agricultural Equipment that would be better for all users.

  3. #3edgephoto2025-07-09 21:05

    Nobody where I live calls them TLB, just backhoe or rubber tired backhoe

  4. #4aighead2025-07-10 07:06

    My neighbor calls it a backhole.

  5. #5NH575E2025-07-10 09:29

    I haven't noticed an overwhelming number of off topic requests. "If it ain't broke".

  6. #6MG842025-07-10 17:25

    There's two threads about wheel loaders and one about skid steers in the first page and a half right now, sometimes it's even worse. I know the mods have moved a lot of threads from here.