Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

thomas t133oil in radiator

ttaxer77 ยท 2014-04-19 09:01

the motor is a v1902b,i just replaced head and the rings.i tourqued the head down 22lb-44-66lb.run the motor 20 min then retourqued.there was no oil in the old antifreez.when i retorqued the head i thought the bolts seemed loose could oil have bypassed on the retorque or could it bee bad gaskit. any help figuring thi out is realy appriciated thanks

Replies3
  1. #1crewchief8882014-04-19 21:56

    did you change the oil and filter after you had the head off? :drinkup

  2. #2ttaxer772014-04-20 19:02

    yes changed oil and filter and anti freeze,when I got new head it did not valve cover studs in it so I used the old ones wellll I checked today and 1 was loose I found some antifreeze around it I am hoping this was the problem. I will drain water out tomorrow and flush out system after I set valves and see if that was what it was

  3. #3ttaxer772014-04-22 14:14

    I left out some info.sorry, i removed the engine from the loader-removed head-oil pan-pistons. Replaced rings, honed out cylinders, lubed and torqued them in then oil pan, new motor mounts, degreased entire engine and painted, installed valve cover studs and exhaust manifold bolts and tightend them(must not of got them tite enough) torqued head down in 3 steps 22-44 66. put rad -intake-exhaust back on then oil filter. filled to level with oil,2gl 50-50antifreeze. run motor for 20 min re-torqued head to 66lb, but the bolts turned a hole turn to a turn and a half seemed odd,then run machine 20 min seen water coming out of exhaust bolts, tightened them up. next day run machine for 30 min checked antifreeze had oil in it took off valve cover checked head bolts they are loose -torqued again with engine hot. next thing water in my oil. LONG STORY SHORT don't switch between a 10in extension and a 2 in extension when torqueing down a head gaskit, question is how do you torque head with rad in the way.