Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thoughts, Takeuchi tl130 vs asv sr80

cartzblown94z ยท 2012-11-22 16:15

These are the two I'm looking at, both 2 speed , cab a/c. Asv has hyd attach too both around 2500 hrs The asv will need tracks before summer work and needs some loader arm welding Tak is ready to go just a bit lighter I'm familiar with the asv unrcarriage, not the tak and will be pushing snow with the machine as well as yard work in summer. Both are around the same price but knowing the asv will need 4k in tracks soon to keep in mind So what are you guys thoughts? I've owned a few asv and loved them. Never a tak but hear a lot of good things. How are they for snow? Whatever I get will have an 7.5 foot blade on it for winter Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1KSSS2012-11-22 19:38

    If you are familiar with the ASV then you know the deal there. The TK will not be as good in the snow. It actually wont even be close to the same snow performance. You can put a set of Bridgestone Polar tracks on the TK and that would help. Not sure I would be interested in an ASV with worn tracks and wielded loader arms, it sounds like its in tough condition.

  2. #2Digdeep2012-11-22 19:52

    I'd second ksss's comment on the loader arms being welded. Based on what you say you'll be doing- pushing snow and mostly yard work there is no question the ASV would be superior, but you might look for a different machine without the loader arms having been worked on. BTW...there is no comparison between the TL130 and the SR80s two speed. I think the TL130s 2nd gear is about 6.7mph and the SR80 is around 12mph. Not quite apples to apples. I also think the SR80s came standard with high flow. Good luck.

  3. #3xcmark2012-11-23 08:16

    for snow work only the asv will be much better but that comes at a cost! a track system rebuild can run up over 6K with rollers etc. For the Tac a set of bridgestone polar tracks will be OK but not as good as a asv with stadard tracks . speed wise the tack will rattle you pretty good compard to a track support system on the ASV . Wheel slide steer with chains if far cheap to run.

  4. #4cartzblown94z2012-11-25 17:37

    That was kinda my thinking. The tak is def nicer overall but I know how amazing the asv are in snow and mud. I had forgotten the speed diff too. I don't mind doing the work to the asv to get it up to par and the fact that its a very low price gives me the room for repairs. Welding the arms is common on them but for the work I will do once repaired I seriously doubt I will ever have any issues with them again And yes the sr80 came with hi flo standard and for now that doesn't matter to me but it does leave options open form using it later on and the fact that with the asv in good shape it's worth quite a bit more than the tak too