Cat 303C CR excavator CAT0303CCBYT00463 2006 model I just bought this. The throttle is stuck on high idle, no throttle control. Allegedly the throttle motor and rotary switch were recently replaced. They both do look newer. I disconnected the throttle cable and the engine controls work fine. Is there another component to the throttle system. I looked all over and could not find an ECM, I this this machine was before all that. Need help troubleshooting this or I am just gonna put in a manual control cable.
Does this machine have a dial or a manual lever to work the throttle?
It has a dial....a rotary knob to adjust throttle setting. It doesn't do anything, the throttle is stuck on high idle
It will have an ECM, I’ve seen them in the cab beside or under the seat, in the compartment on the operators side where the air filter is and I’ve even seen some in the middle near the swing motor. I don’t have SIS access anymore but there’s a procedure for checking the wiring before you condemn the ECM. You can do a calibration through the monitor as well. You might give that a try.
Since you say rotary looks new...this is why
I'll send you an electrical schematic. You might just need it. BTW your machine S/N is BXT00463, not BYT00463 as you posted.......
This is excellent info, Thank you. Exactly what I need. Is there a place where I can buy the service manual?
You are correct. They was a typo resulting from my inability to reach my own writing I will gladly take the schematic. Is there a link to a manual I for this?
Yes there is, but make sure you're sitting down - the new price is $765 in paper form or $540 for a pdf version on a CD. Try searching the internet marketplaces for Caterpillar Publication RENR9610 here's one on eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/404063622762
OUCH...I was sitting down...it still hurt Thanks
Compared to the price of a new manual the eBay one is reasonable, I'll say no more than that. Bear in mind that with a dealer technician currently priced around $150/hr inc travel time (or an independent slightly less) you would recoup the cost the first time you had to do some serious work that required the manual. AND you could probably sell it for at least what you paid for it if you ever sold the machine.