Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thumb stop working on sk235srlc (kobelco)

Jonathan Dumaresq ยท 2023-01-16 20:31

Hi all, I just found this forum. It's very impressive. I have some problem with my excavator, but the main problem is the thumb that stopped working. I have checked the button on the joystick at the computer input and both button are working. The computer don't activate the relay. So I bypassed the computer and shorted the output of the relay and nothing is moving. I checked at the electric valve under the floor and I can hear the selonoid moving when I put 24v on the selenoid directy. But again, nothing move. Is there any other valve that need to be activated in order to get the thumb working ? Regards,

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2023-01-16 21:28

    Behind your left elbow, when seated, are two switches. One is for 1 pump/ 2 pump. The other is for 1 way/ 2 way. Could you have tripped the the second from 2way to 1 way?

  2. #2Jonathan Dumaresq2023-01-17 07:31

    HI, You mean where the radio are ? Jonathan

  3. #3Jonathan Dumaresq2023-01-21 15:16

    hi @heymcall I have checked on the left elbow and did not find any switch there. The only switch tat are present are the switch to switch the power mode. I try it, and this is not changing anything. Any idea of what can cause this problem ? Thanx

  4. #4Kyle Helmke2023-01-24 18:38

    What mode are you in on the monitor

  5. #5Jonathan Dumaresq2023-02-07 14:15

    I'll need to check. I was on vacation. I'll give you the info this week. I'm not near the machine those days. Regards,