Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

thumbs

case 580sm ยท 2012-02-05 16:01

does anybody know a good thumb for a case backhoe? Have good things about them. I have a 06 super m. Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1redneck12012-02-20 22:19

    I just welded on a 36inch excaliber manual thumb on my 580 super k backhoe. Its the perfect length and width for me, and priced at only $450 on ebay. Won't find a better one at that price. The biggest problem with it is that i have to take off the brace to retract it fully when not in use. I will make a new bracket someday to eliminate that.

  2. #2FRISKY2012-02-21 09:13

    Pictures?

  3. #3case 580sm2012-02-21 18:02

    Hey guys, I like what you bought, but I think i'd be better off buying a hydraulic thumb that fits in the back of my hoe, because the hydraulic thumbs are stronger. how do like yours? Is is strong?

  4. #4redneck12012-02-22 17:04

    I have only used it for loading studwood and moving logs but seems good so far.. I agree a hydraulic one would be much better and likely stronger. I use it all the time and wish i had it a long time ago> it will come in handy for cutting up my firewood this spring< being able to lift the logs up and then bucking them without bending over all day! i will take a picture this weekend and post them latter just as a side note if i remember right when i priced up a hydraulic one this fall from a local machine shop they wanted 3200 for it, don't think that was installed either. way to much for me and plenty others on the internet cheaper

  5. #5sinnful2012-02-23 15:03

    Anyone have one of these that would work for a john deere 310d extend-a-hoe?

  6. #6case 580sm2012-02-23 17:11

    post pics redneck1 of your job their this weekend sometime, like to see it.