Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tigercat 630 1998

loghog86 ยท 2016-05-28 09:57

Looking for options for source of trouble with my Tigercat 630 skidder. Lost hydraulic functions as I was backing up a slight grade to grab another drag. Still have forward and reverse movement. No grapple, blade, or steering. Suggestions?

Replies4
  1. #1Mike L2016-05-28 16:52

    Sounds like you lost the hydraulic pump. I'm not familiar with tigercat but on alot of equipment the pump is bolted to the transmission. I'd start by pulling the filter and checking for metal and then some pressure checks. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #2partsandservice2016-05-28 21:55

    Likely the hydraulic pump has failed , it is also common for the shaft and coupler to gear box to strip the splines. The hydraulic system also has a main relief located in the multifunction valve that is possible to fail , but it would have to be completely stuck open, they usually fail to weak. With the front grill open facing the cab, the hydraulic pump is located on the top left, drive pump on the top right, and cooling pump on the bottom. Notice the main suction line goes into the cooling pump and also functions as a charge pump for the drive and main pump. If the pump shaft is stripped the shaft can be replaced with out disassembling the pump. If it has not already been done , and if there is damage to the splines on the drive gear, it can be flipped to get some good spline.

  3. #3loghog862016-05-29 07:10

    Thanks for the feedback Hey Mike, Thanks for taking the time to reply

  4. #4loghog862016-05-29 07:15

    I was hoping for a possibility other than the pump, the shaft and coupler would be a blessing. We replaced the clutch plate several years ago, and I remember those couplers had a lot of wear,which we replaced, maybe that will workout. Replaced the drive pump about four or five years ago. About ten thousand hours, might turn out to be the pump. I appreciate your input and expertise.