Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

tight budget

WScott ยท 2008-08-26 23:18

Ok tight budget here. d4c older and bigger or d3g newer but smaller Look to be pretty close in hp. I have found some for under 40k, which is where I need to be. wscott

Replies9
  1. #1Farmer2008-08-27 06:55

    I'm on a tight budget so i just bought an old (1972) D5 50j. I looked at many dozers and decided on this because it sounded right, didnt smell of oil or hydrolic oil, didnt smoke and the track gear was in good nick. I got it cheap because it looks scruffy as it has lived in the paddock all it life. This is what i did, but my dozer is for farm use and if i bought to make a living, i may have done it differerently.

  2. #2WScott2008-09-06 12:35

    OK, Found one. Decided on a 2005 D3G XL 47 HP Meets the budget and the weight and the HP.

  3. #3humboldt deere2008-09-06 13:01

    Nice machine I think It's closer to 77 hp though.

  4. #4WScott2008-09-06 15:43

    Ha thats funny typo- i ment 77hp thanks

  5. #5DigDug2008-09-06 18:17

    I have the same year and model. Was wondering what you paid for it. I am thinking of selling mine or trading it towards a loader. I bought it new and it has 1600hrs . Thanks, doug

  6. #6DunlapsLawnCare2008-09-06 20:51

    nicce machine

  7. #7CM19952008-09-07 14:12

    Is that Artec Tractor in Navoo, AL? How many hours on the D3G, it looks like it's in good shape.

  8. #8WScott2008-09-07 15:06

    Sure is Cm1995. 900 hours They are great to work with so far. Artec that is. Have you heard anything about them? All ive heard is good things.

  9. #9CM19952008-09-07 15:39

    Well I haven't heard any bad things, never had any dealings with them. I know that they have grown in their size over the last few years. They started out selling grey market Japanese farm tractors and mini-ex's and have since branched into the used equipment market. They are 80-100 miles north of me.