Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tipping trailer inclinometer

Squiddog ยท 2011-03-30 04:40

Good day, Just wondering if anyone has experience in inclinometers used to moniter the angle of tipping trailers http://www.hummingbirdelectronics.com.au/Inclinometers.html?gclid=CIGanovt9acCFQH1bwodOxVIbg In australia we use a type of trailer called a "dog trailer" http://trucksales.com.au/buy/detail...&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=177&__sid=12DFD12F3968 They are very prone to rolling over when tipping on uneven surfaces, so i was thinking of investing in one of these units to mount to the trailer to try and prevent such accidents. Any thoughts or opinions welcomed

Replies6
  1. #1hammerman2011-03-30 07:11

    Interesting thread... ...

  2. #2heavylift2011-03-30 13:32

    most of the end dumps and pups that you see around here... The driver has to get out of the truck and flip a switch on the trailer...tail gate release... I suppose it's to get the driver to look at his trailer.. The arced bubble level that is on a blade or dozer would probably be cheaper than that electronic gadget...

  3. #3plowking7402011-03-30 14:11

    ive seen some guys make a simple pendulem gauge and mount it on the front of the trailer. just a simple look in the mirror or out the back window lets you know how the trailer is sitting.

  4. #4hammerman2011-03-30 14:48

    If the truck is in a plane, the trailer in other different one, some electronic help could be very useful,I think,you really can know if you are well placed, I like.

  5. #5mauser7922011-09-14 08:28

    I have used these... I have used CAT/Volvo's fitted with these inclinometers in the past, very popular here in the UK for articulated dumpers (CAT740, Volvo A40 etc) used on all the major quarries. http://www.transportsupport.co.uk/v...ypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=87&category_id=6 http://www.transportsupport.co.uk/vehicle-safety-products?page=shop.browse&category_id=6

  6. #6jamessteve3252012-03-27 02:39

    I have Used CAT tipping trailers .