I recently rebuilt the lift cylinders#1 the bucket started leaking down#2 the arms were bent. Put all back together after having the arms straightened and the bucket still leaks down. The cylinders seemed easy enough to rebuild. Could I have put something back together wrong or does this lead to control valve?
Easy way to check the bucket cylinders is to remove both lines with no pressure on the cylinder and use compressed air in one port and see if it holds or comes out the other port.
I will try that to isolate the problem.
Sorry for the double post, just trying to plan my time. If the cylinders test out ok, is it best to remove the control valve from the machine? Or is it feasible to inspect without removal. First time I’ve dealt with hydraulics much.
*Update* Decided today to run the machine a little. Still leaking down, however I can lift the machine with the bucket and it doesn’t leak down. Ideas?
Do the lift arms leak all the way to the ground when you release the controls?
Yes
I’ll have to get into the service manual but it sounds like there’s a line relief that is bleeding off. As soon as I get the opportunity, I’ll check into it.