Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tl140 electric issue

Kevin68 ยท 2022-05-26 13:46

Water level light comes on and oil light both are flashing engine shuts down in 5 to 10 seconds if I pull safety relay alternator fuse out engine will stay running water and oil light go out battery light stays on put fuse back in everything is normal cranks up lights go out runs great and wath are all the relays in the kick plate on right front cab

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2022-05-26 18:13

    I'd start by verifying coolant level. If not to the filler neck, that's your main issue. On some of my Takeuchis, I can't get them to stay that full. So, unplug the single wire water level sensor and ground it with a jumper wire. That will disable shutdown from water level, but not from oil pressure or overheat. I left all of mine bypassed (all Eight of them). The protection setup flashes the same lights whether it's oil level, water level or temperature, at least in my experience. If grounding that circuit doesn't work, we can try a few other things. Another major headache on them are the two "triple" relays in the relay panel. The solder joints have failed on every one here, even the replacements, until I hand soldered them.

  2. #2Kevin682022-05-27 06:58
  3. #3Kevin682022-05-27 07:00

    Which one and what is the lamp timer for on the side