I've got an older tl140 and I've been running it on Saturdays with a grapple and clearing some land in northern california. Today, I had the loader up while facing downhill (was brushing), took a phone call and turned off the machine. Go to turn it back on, and it won't start - not a click. Here are some main points: -pretty dusty out - clean air filter though. -temp guage doesn't work and noticed the rad was way too hot to touch - for even 2 hours after - is that norm? -I cleaned the terminals and still nothing -I tried jumping it before i had my volt meter, and when I connected the jumper cables, it something was clicking on and off as i moved the cable clam -battery is 12.8, was taking 14.2 when running jump cable - batter seems fine and wouldn't likely disharge or not charge suddenly - so I'm thinking a loose ground or something with the starter solenoid? - i got nothing at the guages - that has to mean something, right? Any ideas where to start? The lap bar proximity sensor shouldn't be it because it normally will start -or light up the gauges, with the bar up, or down. What is that clicking that happens when i connected the jumper cables? might have been the fuel pump, but why are my guages not lit up - first time ive seen that.
If you got nothing at the gauges it doesn't sound like a starter issue. Do you have power to your fusess ? If you key on and check you should have power to fuses that will then feed your systems. Could be a system ground looses or main power issue. Id start at the battery and follow it back my metter.
Okay okay. I know you guys were loosing sleep over this. Apparently my ground wire coming off the negative terminal wasn’t made properly and it was shorting out. We made a new cable and problem solved.